At CloseAlert B.V. we value your privacy and take special care to process and protect your personal data in accordance with European privacy legislation (such as the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
This means, among other things, that we:
- strive to limit the collection of personal data to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and demand the same of parties processing personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to request inspection of your personal data and have them corrected or deleted.
When you interact with us, for example when you visit our website, use our products and services, or request information about them, this may cause that we need to process some of your personal data.
Which personal data you give us and for what purpose, will depend on how you interact with us and why. In general, we process personal data for the following purposes:
- to give you access to the website www.closealert.com;
- to enable you to request (information about) the services of CloseAlert;
- to offer an online demo of CloseAlert services;
- to enable you to chat with us on our website;
- to enable you to sign in to your account and use our services;
- to analyse statistics and optimise the website, and to report on and measure the effect of our marketing efforts;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and offers via our newsletter, if you have subscribed or have already purchased similar products or services or if you have downloaded promotional content and given your consent by doing so;
- to enable you to apply for a job at CloseAlert;
- to handle your questions and requests, for example via a contact form, chat functionality on our website, or via e-mail.
Legal Basis for processing
The following legal grounds apply to our processing of personal data.
- Your consent. When you actively provide personal data to us, for example when you request a demo on our website or by sending us an e-mail, you give us consent to use the information actively provided by you (e.g. your e-mail address) to respond to your request. If you have provided your consent, you may revoke this consent at any time. We will then terminate processing your personal data if processing was solely based on your consent.
- If you or your organisation have concluded an agreement with us, or if you have indicated your interest in doing so, we will process your personal data as necessary to perform the agreement with you, or to prepare an offer or contract at your request.
- In some cases, processing personal data is required for compliance with legal obligations (e.g. invoices must be stored for tax purposes, and when law enforcement legally demands personal data, such a demand must be complied with).
Personal data collected by us will not be stored longer than necessary in order to achieve the purposes as stated within this privacy and cookie statement. We store invoices for 7 years, or whichever period may be prescribed under applicable tax law. If you have provided us your contact data because you are interested in our products or services, we will keep this information for that purpose, until you ask us to remove your data.
Processing as part of our products and services
When you use our products and services, we will process personal data (normally of your organisation’s customers and prospects) on your organisation’s behalf. This means we operate as a ‘processer’ for your organisation, which is a ‘controller’, in accordance with EU privacy laws and regulations. Your organisation is responsible to ensure that you process (personal) data in accordance with applicable (privacy) laws and regulations, and that a valid legal basis applies for your processing of personal data using our systems. In developing our products and services, we keep the following purposes in mind:
- Answering questions or solving issues contained in the feedback received from a customer or prospect (‘responder’);
- Optimising business processes based on input of the responder;
- Providing personalised offers to responders based on their feedback.
Our products and services only work with data which is already available in your organisation and cannot be used to obtain (new or additional) personal information other than any feedback given by the responder through our forms. The text in the fields in which the responder provides feedback, can be processed automatically in order to be able to identify any points provided above (answers to questions, improvements to business processes, personalised offers) more quickly. In addition, automatic analysis of feedback text can be used to create a statistical image of trends in feedback provided by your organizations responders.
Please refer to our data processing agreement for more information about our processing of personal data as a part of our products and services.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you have subscribed or have already purchased similar products or services, we will use your contact details to send you electronic communications (normally e-mails) about our products and services, which may be personalized to you. Each communication will include an option to unsubscribe, except from those communications which contain important information regarding your use of our products or services.
As part of our products and services we may bring information to your attention when we deem this relevant to you, for example a short pop-up message to inform you about a new feature.
Confidentiality & provision to third parties
We not disclose your personal data to others unless this is necessary for our legitimate purposes as described above. For example, your data may be processed through our secure hosting infrastructure, which is provided by a specialist hosting and data centre provider. We also use a third-party provider for sending out our newsletters. We conclude data processing agreements with all third-party providers who process your personal data for us in order to ensure confidentiality of your data, and ensure appropriate additional safeguards are in place if such parties are located outside the EEA.
We will not provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties.
We take appropriate security measures to limit and prevent misuse of and unauthorised access to your personal data. This includes measures such as the following:
- Restriction of access to those who need to process
- Logical access control (passwords and/or other factors);
- Automatic logging of actions relating to personal data;
- Securing network connections using SSL/TLS technology;
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that such third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of their websites before you make use of the websites.
We reserve the right to change this policy. Changes will be published on our website and previous versions will continue to be available. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you are informed of any changes.
Your rights regarding your data
If you have provided personal data via our website, you can send us a request for access, inspection, rectification, restriction, modification, deletion of these data.
To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity. If you want to inspect personal data linked to a cookie, you should include a copy of the relevant cookie with your request, which you can find in your browser settings.
National Supervisory Authority
Of course, we also gladly help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on privacy legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens which you can contact here.
- Website www.closealert.com
- Company name: CloseAlert B.V.
- Registered address: Rapenburgerstraat 173, 1011 VM Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- Telephone: +31 (0)20 26 118 62
- e-mail: email@example.com
- NCOC: 54064503
This privacy and cookie statement was most recently revised on 22 May 2018.